REIMER REDMOND HOUSE
The Reimer/Redmond house was built in 1918 by the Reimers during the first influx of American Mennonites to this area. This particular house was built in three days with planed wood from the sawmill, but without insulation
The family relied on two stoves to keep the entire house warm in the winters and even lost a child to the cold They left in 1920, selling the house to the Redmond's who lived there for twenty years without ever insulating it.
This building was originally built in the Braeside area, and then moved by the Redmond's to the Prairiedale area before donating the building to the museum.