MURRAY HOUSE & JAIL
Built in 1914 for the BC Provincial Police, this house has the original jail cell and office used by the first constable who patrolled the area!
While the constable worked in the front, his family lived in the back. BCPP eventually moved across the street and the Murray House was sold to the Pinniger Family. Mrs. Pinniger was a midwife and helped birth a number of babies in her home.
Eventually, they sold the house to the Murray family who later donated this building to the museum.
This building was originally located on the Second and Fraser Avenue.